I’ve always gone for the cheap, imitation leather boots that left my tootsies cold in the winter and would eventually peel or crack after wearing them. This is a past tense statement because now I’ve discovered Dr. Martens.
I was at a local coffee shop sipping my dark roast when I noticed that the barista was wearing some black Dr. Marten 14-eye boots. I had to ask her about them because I was unfamiliar with the brand and its popularity. The first encounter of the boots was based SOLEly (Get it, we’re talking about shoes lol) on the looks of the boot.
Uncertain of the comfort, I decided to start off by getting a used pair, which I found in great condition using the resale app called Marcari. Since they mold to the foot of the wearer, it took them around a week to fully fit to my foot. Once they changed to the mold of my feet, they were the most comfy boot I’ve ever worn.
Compliment after compliment comes my way whenever I wear them. It’s funny, but I’ve even gotten compliments from random guys who rarely go out of there way for the sake of fashion. They are my go-to boots when I know I’ll be walking a bunch but still want to look cute! They have Krystal’s Mind Blog’s stamp of approval!
Why I like them so much:
- Thick leather keeps feet the perfect temperature without having to wear thick socks
- Inside zipper makes it easy to get on and off feet
- Visible stitching for stylish fashion
- Leather forms to your feet making them super comfortable
- Attainable perfect fit due to options that adjust to calves (the 14-eye laces) and easy access zipper
- Stylish appeal that makes my legs look longer and thinner (I think)
- Able to walk all day without any soreness (I wore them all day walking around Chicago-I have proof below in the pic)
- They look cute!!!
Link below to shop: